SPARK III enables freedom of manoeuvre and maintenance of operational tempo in the face of a range of on- and off-route explosive threats with the ability to DETECT, PROTECT and DEFEAT.
SPARK III delivers a scalable and modular suite of route proving and clearance capabilities for integration with a wide range of vehicles.
Commonality of spares and training ensures a minimal logistical burden for the deployed force.
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is available for detection of low metal content threats. Selection of GPRs available for integration to meet operational requirements.
- Metal Detector can be integrated for detection of higher metal content threats. Deployment of sensors using the manipulator arm maximises detection stand-off and available stopping distance. Dextrous control over a large range of motion enables off-route detection.
- Active height control and terrain following ability maximises sensor performance and ease of operation.
- High definition visible and infrared vision systems enable positive identification of surface laid threats and ground-sign at a distance.
- Threat Marking System automatically marks the locations of detected objects with highly visible dye.
- Vehicle and crew survivability are enhanced through use of a Route Proving Roller to protect the host vehicle from pressure-initiated threats. Hydraulic pushdown maximises ground pressure with minimum impact on mobility.
- Full width roller gangs actively check the route for the presence of IEDs, acting as a ‘decoy’ for follow-on vehicles.
- Steered roller and sensor ensure effective vehicle coverage on complex routes.
- An optional Infrared (IR) Decoy disrupts Passive Infrared (PIR)-initiated threats such as off-route Explosively Formed Projectiles.
- Large stand-off from threats is provided by combination of Route Proving Roller and Manipulator Arm during interrogation tasks.
- A range of Manipulator Arm attachments can be interchanged rapidly, allowing one vehicle to transition from DETECT to DEFEAT missions in minutes:
+ Ripping Tine
+ Hydraulic Shears/Spreaders
- A high velocity Air Lance can be deployed for non-invasive excavation and debris removal, aiding in threat confirmation and ground interrogation.
- DETECT, PROTECT, DEFEAT Countering explosive ordnance
- Delivers tactical flexibility for Counter-Explosive Ordnance missions
- Reach allows threat areas to be investigated without compromising vehicle protection
- Full width roller gangs actively check the route for presence of IEDs across the full width of the vehicle
- Configurable suite of threat detect capabilities provides tactical flexibility and a scalable approach
Learn more about Spark III
A member of our team will respond as soon as possible.