Route Proving Roller
Pearson Engineering's Route Proving Rollers provide protection against live pressure initiated Improvised Explosive Devices across the full width of the vehicle.
Our Route Proving Rollers are designed to exert the necessary forces to initiate live pressure fused Improvised Explosive Devices across the full width of the vehicles. By applying a mass to the ground ahead of the vehicle, a safe route can be found for convoy vehicles within that weight category and within the same width of the cleared lane, providing a high level of assurance.
Our Route Proving Rollers are designed with different functionality, dependent on the threat they will face, their host vehicle, maintenance capability and the terrain they are likely to encounter.
They can be configured as follows:
- With different wheel configurations to deal with different types of terrain
- To exert different wheel loads into the ground
- With greater or lesser degrees of adaptation and flexibility
- To have emergency jettison capability
- To have variable stand-off capability
- To have additional steering capability
- To have roller lift capability
- Verifies the presence of pressure-fused Improvised Explosive Devices on a route
- Stand-off ahead of the vehicle increases survivability
- Jettison capability ensures that a blast damaged roller does not serve as an obstacle for further mobility
- Configurable suite of threat detect capabilities provides tactical flexibility and a scalable approach
- Battle proven
Find out more about the route proving roller
A member of our team will respond as soon as possible.