Self Protection Roller
Pearson Engineering's Self Protection Rollers provide protection against live pressure initiated Improvised Explosive Devices across the track with of the vehicle.
Our Self Protection Rollers are designed to exert the necessary forces into the ground to initiate live pressure fused Improvised Explosive Devices across the track width of the vehicle.
These roller types are temporarily fitted to the front of a vehicle which is going to be used in an area where there is a possibility of Improvised Explosive Devices. Ground-engaging wheels reach out significantly ahead of the vehicle to detonate the threat before the vehicle wheels reach it. This capability has saved countless lives and can be tailored to meet the very specific needs of the end-user.
Our family of Self Protection Rollers are designed with different functionality, dependent on the threat they will face, their host vehicle, maintenance capability and terrain that they are likely to encounter.
They can be configured as follows:
- With different wheel configurations to deal with different types of terrain
- To exert different wheel loads into the ground
- With greater or lesser degrees of adaptation and flexibility
- To have emergency jettison capability
- To have variable stand-off capability
- To have additional steering capability
- To have roller lift capability
- Verifies the presence of pressure-fused Improvised Explosive Devices on a route
- Stand-off ahead of the vehicle increases survivability
- Jettison capability ensures that a blast damaged roller does not serve as an obstacle for further mobility
- Configurable suite of threat detect capabilities provides tactical flexibility and a scalable approach
- Battle proven with Armed Forces around the world
- Provided during Urgent Operational Requirements and peacetime
Find out more about the self protection roller
A member of our team will respond as soon as possible.