Designed to provide the capability to both detect and displace scatterable-mines, Threat-Pathway and Threat-Sense overcome a rising and fatal threat to all military vehicles, both armoured and non-armoured.
Where no safe route is possible, Threat-Pathway can be rapidly deployed from under-armour. At approximately 250kg for a typical IAV, Threat-Pathway is an ‘in case of emergency’ version of Pearson Engineering’s Surface Clearance Device and is designed to be used in an urgent scenario where mobility has been stalled and self-extraction is the only option. The equipment can be removed after use and is considered a consumable which can be easily replaced. Threat-Pathway has been designed to provide full width clearance including at full steering lock and independent blade segments can follow ground contours in undulating terrain.
- Self-extraction provides freedom of manoeuvre
- Tactical unpredictability
- Compatible with other accessories to mark cleared lanes or to interrupt alternatively fused mines
- Low weight, low cost, low integration requirements means this product is suitable for all combat vehicles
- Low profile minimises impact on vehicle mobility
- Rapidly deployable from under-armour
- Able to be removed and low cost – intended as a consumable
- Ground contour following segments
- Robust materials capable of moving substantial surface laid threats and overcoming undulating terrain
Pearson Engineering’s Scatterable Mine Defeat solution comprises two systems which can be used together, or independently. Threat-Sense, the threat detect component uses artificial intelligence to identify surface laid mines whilst Threat-Pathway, the displace component provides emergency self-extraction from air delivered scatterable mines. This product sheet includes information about Threat-Pathway.
Click to view.