Track Width Mine Plough
The Track Width Mine Plough suitable for Heavy Tracked Vehicles is known as the TWMP(H) and is designed to give the vehicle the ability to rapidly force a passage through a mined obstacle by creating a cleared path for it tracks to follow.
- Rapidly clears mines or IEDs from the track width of the host vehicle
- Designed to compactly stow on a MBT
- The approach angle has been maximised without impeding the operation of the gun even when fully depressed
- Designed to minimise the effects of detonating mines
- Designed to minimise the tractive effort required
- Capable of operating in a wide range of soil conditions
- Low maintenance
- Can be fitted with a MSD to counter magnetically fused mines
The TWMP(H) has two operating positions; stowed for cross-country travel and deployed for breaching operations. Two hydraulic lift cylinders stow and deploy the plough blades. Hydraulic power is provided by an in-built electrohydraulic power system if the TWMP(H) is fitted directly to the vehicle. If the TWMP(H) is fitted using a Pearson Engineering common interface kit (HLA), an on-board hydraulic system is supplied. The TWMP(H) is controlled from a Multipurpose Control Unit (MCU) mounted within easy reach of the vehicle driver.
- The TWMP(H) can be rapidly attached to, or detached from, the vehicle and interchanged with other Special to Role equipment by the vehicle crew.
- An optional Hard Surface Device (HSD) can be fitted to the TWMP(H) to clear mines and munitions laid on the surface of roads and hard flat terrain.
- An optional Magnetic System Duplicator (MSD) can be fitted to help protect the equipment from the effect of magnetic influence fused mines.
- A purpose built Transportation Pallet facilitates both storage and transport and is capable of fitting into either an ISO container or onto a DROPS pallet.