Designed to provide the capability to both detect and displace scatterable-mines, Threat-Pathway and Threat-Sense overcome a rising and fatal threat to all military vehicles, both armoured and non-armoured.
Threat-Sense uses artificial intelligence to identify surface laid threats. Deep learning algorithms can detect anti-tank and anti-personnel mines and indicate to operators in varying environmental conditions where threats are present. The fully passive system simultaneously analyses video streams in real-time from visual and thermal cameras mounted on the vehicle. If any threats from a pre-programmed and trainable library are detected in either the visible or infrared spectrums, they are highlighted on a screen fitted within the vehicle and an audible warning is sounded.
- Detects surface laid mines ahead of the host vehicle, classifying the type of threat and reporting a threat confidence level
- Supports decision making
- Provides confidence in manoeuvre
- Enhances understanding
- Reduces cognitive effort without over-riding human decision making
- Capable of detecting threats in adverse weather conditions (rain, smoke, fog, mist etc.)
- Can be installed onto any host vehicle with sufficient electrical power budget and space volume
- Minimal installation time
- Small size and low mass
- Can utilise an existing vehicle camera suite and in-vehicle monitors
- Fully passive system with no radiated emissions
- Threat library can be extended per customer requirements
Pearson Engineering’s Scatterable Mine Defeat solution comprises two systems which can be used together, or independently. Threat-Sense, the threat detect component uses artificial intelligence to identify surface laid mines whilst Threat-Pathway, the displace component provides emergency self-extraction from air delivered scatterable mines. This product sheet includes information about Threat-Sense.
Click to view