Self Protection Combat Roller
The Self Protection Combat Roller (SPCR) exerts high pressure onto the ground ahead of the tracks of the host vehicle to target pressure activated explosive devices in order to actively prove routes.
The SPCR is designed for use on concrete, asphalt gravel and hard dirt roads.
The product comprises two 4-wheel roller gangs to protect the vehicle tracks which stow neatly to minimise its impact on vehicle operation ability and mobility when not in use. The rollers are able to steer left and right to provide a level of coverage during cornering.
The heavy effect provided by the SPCR is generated by a combination of the weight of the rollers and a self-contained hydraulic system.
The SPCR can be fitted using a Pearson Engineering interface kit which allows the task equipment to be quickly and easily interchanged and jettisoned increasing the operational capability of the host vehicle.
- Applies a load to the ground through rollers ahead of each of the vehicle tracks
- It is designed to operate on concrete, asphalt, gravel and hard dirt roads.
- It is able to steer rollers left and right to provide a level of coverage while cornering.
- It can operate in float and push down modes to adjust roller ground contact force.
The SPCR is operated using a simple Control Box within easy reach of the driver.
The main operating features are
- Switches are provided for power on/off, float/pushdown, wheel stow, kit selection and jettison functions if applicable.
- A joystick gives boom UP or boom DOWN control and Steer LEFT/RIGHT control.
- Feedback by LED for wheel positions and equipment status and faults.
The SPCR(H)can be rapidly attached to or detached from the vehicle and interchanged with other Special to Role equipment by the vehicle crew.
An optional Magnetic System Duplicator (MSD) can be fitted to help protect the equipment from the effect of magnetic influence fused mines.
A purpose built Transportation Pallet facilitates both storage and transportation and is capable of fitting into either an ISO container or onto a DROPS pallet.