Full Width Mine Plough
The Full Width Mine Plough (FWMP) clears concealed or buried mines and IEDs found within the path of the full width of the vehicle, by bringing them to the surface and moving them wide and clear of the vehicle.
This produces a safe and mine free cleared lane for following vehicles. This product is battle proven and is in service with, amongst others, the British Army, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Marine Corps and the Finnish, Danish, Dutch and Swedish Armed Forces.
The blast resistant system comprises three main parts; two 9-tine track width blades to protect vehicle tracks and a central 5-tine vee blade to provide full width clearance. Fold out blade extensions to each side of the system ensure that mines are pushed well beyond the width of the cleared lane.
Ploughing depth is controlled by plough skids which remain in contact with the ground at all times. The system works well in a wide range of soil conditions and ground undulations. The FWMP can be fitted using a common interface kit which allows the task equipment to be quickly and easily interchanged and jettisoned increasing the operational capability of the host vehicle.
- Rapidly clears mines and IEDs from the full width of the host vehicle
- Blast resistant and can remain fully operational after a mine detonation
- Designed to minimise the tractive effort required
- Capable of operating in a wide range of soil conditions
- Low maintenance
- Can be fitted with a MSD to counter magnetic influence fused mines
The FWMP(H) has two operating positions; stowed for cross-country travel and deployed for breaching operations. Two hydraulic lift cylinders stow and deploy the plough blades.
Hydraulic power is provided by an in-built electrohydraulic power system if the FWMP is directly fitted to the vehicle. If the FWMP(H) is fitted using a Pearson Engineering common interface kit (HLA), an on-board hydraulic system is supplied.
The FWMP(H) is controlled from a Multipurpose Control Unit (MCU) mounted within easy reach of the vehicle driver.
- The FWMP(H) can be rapidly attached to, or detached from, the vehicle and interchanged with other Special to Role equipment using a (HLA)
- An optional Hard Surface Device (HSD) can be fitted to the FWMP(H) to clear mines and munitions laid on the surface of roads and hard flat terrain.
- An optional Magnetic System Duplicator (MSD) can be fitted to help protect the equipment from the effect of magnetically fused mines.
- A purpose built Transportation Pallet facilitates both storage and transport and is capable of fitting into either an ISO container or onto a DROPS pallet.