Pearson Engineering is seeking to appoint a Business Winning Manager to join our busy Business Development team.
The role is to coordinate Business Development (BD), and all other functions, across all aspects of business winning and opportunities. It will involve working closely with the BD Director and team to manage, supervise and deliver opportunity management, order intake tracking and reporting, bid & tender management, proposal preparation and customer relationship management.
There will be a requirement to work across all business functions to ensure that once an opportunity has been qualified and a decision made to bid, that appropriate resources, actions and reviews take place prior to any submission.
The appointee will also play a vital role in representing the BD team on a day to day basis and when needed, attending any internal business meetings in their absence.
Reports to the BD Director and will be involved in:
- Opportunity & order intake pipeline management
- Order intake tracking and reporting
- Bid management
- Proposal preparation (including liaison with Commercial Function around costing models)
- Customer relationship management
- Management of advisor process
- Market & Competitor Analysis
- Cross-functional liaison in order to (but not restricted to) deliver:
- Finance – quarterly and annual budgeting and reporting
- Commercial – assistance as required in costing of proposals
- Engineering – overview of R&D programmes to keep BD team informed of developments
- Programmes – provision of forecast of required PM support for customer visits (external and internal) and equipment demonstration
- Maintenance of performance indicators, metrics and tracks as required
- Potentially attending major defence and security conferences and exhibitions (globally) in support of the BD team
- Other related duties as assigned
The Business Winning Manager will have experience in business winning, bid management and sales activity within an Engineering/Manufacturing business operating on a global scale.
Experience in the defence sector is desirable.
Entry to this role might be through project management and expanding in to bid coordination, or by gaining practical industry experience of at least 5 years. However, this is not essential to a high-quality candidate.
An Engineering or Technical degree is an asset but not essential. The ability to work with and understand heavily technical specifications and to speak confidently to customers is essential.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with knowledge of sales/business development best practices.
A sound business acumen is essential, and an understanding of commercial principles would be desirable.
We expect you to perform exceptionally well in a team environment and demonstrate outstanding people skills.
Must also be able to operate as an individual and make timely, rational decisions when necessary.
Experience working with CRM systems and a proficiency in working with Excel spreadsheets and Access databases would be desirable.
Typically, office-based though trips to external customers (sometimes overseas) will be required from time-to-time.
To apply, please send a CV to email@example.com