Pearson Engineering is seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team.
The role is to act independently and as part of a dynamic team of Business Development (BD) Managers. A requirement to collaborate with all other business functions, across the range of business winning activities, to ensure that qualified opportunities are developed into active sales opportunities and eventually revenue generating business. It will involve working closely with the BD Director and team members to develop, track and execute opportunities across nominated regions of responsibility.
The BD Manager participates in opportunity management, order intake tracking and reporting, bid-management, proposal preparation and customer relationship management.
The BD Manager will also play a vital role representing the Company’s product offering and reputation as part of the BD team on a day-to-day basis, both in the office and on national and international business trips.
Reports to the BD Director and will be involved in:
- Managing new & existing opportunities to optimise financial and product placement objectives while delighting potential customers
- Opportunity & order intake pipeline management
- Pursuing sales opportunities to successful closure
- Creating and executing nominated Campaign Plans in partnership with other functions
- Meeting sales & order intake targets
- Working alongside Business Support Manager to ensure RFQs accurately reflect the customer’s requirements
- Proposal input; including liaison with Commercial Function relating to costing models and contract details
- Customer relationship management to ensure the satisfaction of the client from initial contact through to delivery of order
- Conducting Market & Competitor Analysis
- Attending major defence and security conferences and exhibitions (internationally) representing the Company’s products, capabilities and reputation in line with the Vision
- Other related duties as assigned
The Business Development Manager will have gained a broad level of experience in business development, project management, campaign planning, bid management and sales activity within an Engineering/Manufacturing business operating on a global scale.
Ideally, you have a proven track record with related experience of at least 7 years. Entry to this role could be gained through project management or other technical/commercial routes, expanding your career into business development.
Experience in the defence sector is highly desirable. Exposure to military sales and business development is a definite asset.
An Engineering or Technical degree is an asset but not essential. The ability to work with and understand technical specifications in order to speak confidently to customers and to project and engineering team members is essential.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with knowledge of sales/business development best practices.
A sound business acumen is essential, and an understanding of commercial principles is required.
We expect the applicant to perform exceptionally well in a team environment and to demonstrate outstanding people skills.
Must also be able to operate day-to-day with little direct supervision and to make timely, rational decisions when necessary.
Experience of working with CRM systems and proficiency in working with Excel spreadsheets and Access databases is desirable.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org