This role has been created to work as part of the Pearson Engineering production team, and to learn, understand and carry out painting duties.
These duties include the preparation of parts, paint management and storage, mixing and application, and post painting activities. This work forms an important part of our projects, and helps us to get high quality equipment into the hands of end-users to support their operations. You will also need to work with our Quality Control Managers and Project Managers to inform them of any product issues.
As with every member of staff at Pearson Engineering, we expect our team, contractors and visitors to work in a professional and courteous manner.
The below key activities, knowledge, skills & experience, are the planned learning outcome over the time of the apprenticeship along with the completion of the relevant Apprenticeship qualification.
To apply, please visit https://tdrtraining.co.uk/apply-for-apprenticeship/
- Documentation – Ensure that correct revision paint specifications are used for contract requirements
- Product Painting – Carry out painting of product to the detailed specification
- Paint Shop – Maintain paint equipment / consumables to minimise downtime and ensure safety equipment is always available. Monitor stock levels and report usage to Quality Control Manager (QCM). Ensure all materials within the paint area are stored correctly to minimise the risk of fire / environmental issues
- Concerns Management – Ensure that all product / process issues are raised, assist with investigation and implementation of suitable containment action and where applicable, work with other staff to implement corrective action
- Pain Shop Tooling – Ensure tooling remains fit for purpose, reporting any defects to QCM
- Health & Safety: Ensure company health and safety requirements are followed and ensure paint area remains safe and tidy. Assist with the correct segregation / handling & disposal of waste material
Other – Assist with labouring activities when required. Assist with other reasonable business requirements when needed and / or requested
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to understand Pearson Engineering skill specification, mix paint products to the correct ratios and apply to the required finish specification
- Ability to gain practical knowledge of Pearson Engineering products and paint systems
- Willingness and flexibility to work extra hours when required, ensuring project deadlines are met and the delivery of the product to the end-user
- Performance review and appraisal will be carried out annually
View the full job description