Pearson Engineering are looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team.
The Marketing Manager leads, manages and directs the promotion of Pearson Engineering’s business, products and brand. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing market and pricing strategies, identifying new customers/markets, supporting lead generation efforts, and creating promotions with our advertising/PR partners. As well, the Marketing Manager plans and leads on the company’s marketing campaigns which will include online marketing and social media strategy. This role also manages the work of the Marketing & Events Coordinator and any other assigned staff.
1. Developing a marketing strategy that maximises profits and market share while considering customer satisfaction
2. Conducting research into demand for the company’s core and developing products and using data to identify potential new market opportunities and/or customers
3. Evaluating competitors and generating market intelligence
4. Providing marketing insights to the Director and business development team members
5. Supporting business development by generating new leads
6. Creating the company’s marketing plan, identifying KPIs and reporting on progress to the Director
7. Engaging with creative agencies, PR partners and marketing agencies to develop communications products for external use
8. Developing and managing the marketing budget
9. Ensuring that the Business Development team have the appropriate materials to support sales efforts
10. Developing and managing marketing campaigns
11. Deciding how to position the company’s offerings for maximum impact in the defence/security sector
12. Identifying where the business will get the best exposure and return on investment at events and shows globally; plans how to showcase and engage with potential customers and manages event and show delivery
13. Communicating effectively with key stakeholders internally to ensure everyone is informed of and aligns to the marketing strategy
14. Defining and adopting the best practices in such areas as social media, internal and external website design, public relations and content marketing to optimise marketing of opportunities externally
15. Line management responsibility for marketing staff
16. Other related duties as assigned
- Your must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration; a master’s degree or CIM qualification would be considered a definite asset
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as a Marketing Manager
- You must be able to demonstrate your experience with creating and delivering marketing strategies, defining marketing plans and market analytics
- Experienced in the design, development and delivery of online marketing, including social media and content marketing
- Experienced in managing interfaces with public relations and working with external partners
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) to be able to produce exceptional quality reports and literature and is a marketing influencer externally and internally
- Previous line management experience is required.
Typically office based (70%); may be required to travel with Business Development Managers/Director to support customer visits and/or gain market intelligence, attends events and product shows.