Pearson Engineering are looking for a Junior Technical Author – Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Technician to join the team.
Pearson Engineering is a world leading designer and manufacturer of counter-mine and combat engineering equipment. Our products range from simple interface brackets though to complex tracked mine clearance vehicles operated by remote control.
The ILS team produces the necessary technical documentation that is provided to our customers to allow them to safely and efficiently operate our equipment in the field. The technical information takes the form of manuals, reports, spreadsheets, databases, etc. and is based on the manufacturing and design information generated by our engineers and draughtspersons.
The primary role is to develop, revise and maintain technical publications, including Illustrated Parts Catalogues, repair and maintenance manuals, failure diagnosis manuals, installation and fitting instructions, modification instructions and complete equipment schedules.
- Develop the technical publications associated with new or upgraded products, including operation/maintenance manuals, parts catalogues, and fault-finding manuals
- Collect, collate and develop logistic support data and enter the data into spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Produce technical documents, reports, etc, from technical and logistic data including reliability, maintainability, failure mode, and maintenance schedule reports.
- Assist in the development of recommended spare parts lists, ranging and scaling of spares, etc.
- Perform technical administrative tasks in support of the engineering and logistic support staff, including but not limited to photocopying (e.g. manuals, etc), assembling data packages, obtaining technical information and specifications pertaining to logistic support and similar tasks.
- Maintain the technical publications library, logistic support records and logistic support databases.
- Other related duties as assigned by the ILS & Engineering Data Manager that contribute to improved efficiency of the business.
- A minimum of HNC / HND Qualification (Science / Technical preferred)
- Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office products and must be adaptable and willing to learn specialised software packages.
- Excellent writing skills and grammar are essential
- Able to produce illustrations / graphical images to support manuals / catalogues
- Experience of CAD systems (Experience of Autodesk suite advantageous)
- Able to assimilate a wide range of technical data ranging from software functional definitions, circuit drawings though to 3D CAD models.
Typically, office based though trips to external customers (sometimes overseas) will be required from time-to-time.
Working conditions while on customer sites may include working outside of normal business hours, being required to work in field conditions with different and challenging characteristics as appropriate to the equipment being supported.