Pearson Engineering is looking for an experienced Commercial Assistant to support the business’ growth.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Commercial Assistant will undertake tasks to support the Commercial, Contract, Bid, Export, Import and Security activities which are generated by our projects and legal requirements. Our new colleague will support the work of the Commercial Director and Senior Commercial Manager to ensure that the commercial aspects of new business opportunities, and existing contracts, are quantified and controlled, so that risk, compliance and value is managed and assured for the business.
It is essential that our Commercial Assistant can work independently and as part of a team, and that they are able to develop good working relationships with the Business Development, Projects, Engineering and Finance teams.
We offer a competitive benefits package:-
- 25 days holiday + public bank holidays
- Defined contribution pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Free lunch
Job Specification :-
- Support the commercial lead for all allocated product and spares enquiries.
- Assist the commercial aspects relating to the receipt, preparation and response to all allocated product and spares enquiries.
- Support the negotiation and drafting of contract terms and conditions.
- Provide support to the commercial lead for the development and management of customer framework agreements.
- Assist the generation of bid pricing in line with business winning strategies, policies and procedures.
- Support and management of allocated contract acceptance activities.
- Work closely with the commercial lead, and nominated Bid Manager, for all commercial issues associated with the generation of a coherent proposal.
- Support the generation and control of allocated product and spares prices, maintenance of price history and associated data.
- Assist the commercial lead with all customer requested price justifications with appropriate levels of information leading to agreement.
- Maintain associated commercial department records and update databases.
- Ensure the control of information & parts received from the USA – ITAR.
- Support the management and negotiation of all Agreements including but not limited to NDA’s, Loan Agreements and MOU’s.
- Support the control and authorisation of all imports.
- Assist the control and authorisation of all exports.
- Support the security clearance of personnel and associated administration activity.
- Support the development of tools and procedures to enhance departmental performance.
- Attend ad hoc UK and overseas external meetings as required.
- Attend ad hoc training courses, seminars and briefings.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by the Commercial Director in support of performance objectives of the department.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience: –
- Suitable commercial experience within a similar industry sector.
- A Business Management, Economics or Law degree is desirable.
- Familiar with working with prime contractors and business to government sales.
- Comfortable with working with a wide variety of cultural backgrounds and foreign language contracts.
- An appreciation of the associated regulations for the export of military controlled goods and ITAR.
- An understanding of import regulations and controls.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of commercial best practices and a high attention to detail.
- An understanding of commercial principles is required, underpinned by good analytical, mathematical and interpretive skills.
- The ability to perform well against agreed timelines, in a team environment and to demonstrate good people skills.
- Ability to manage an ongoing workload with agreed variations on priorities.
- Confident in an external and internal customer facing environment, with the ability to generate enthusiasm and have a can-do attitude.
- Experience of working with commercial processes and procedures and a proficiency in working with MS Office suite. Experience in using Access databases is desirable but not essential.
Working Conditions: –
Primarily office based (in Newcastle upon Tyne) but with occasional travel requirements either within the UK or overseas to attend contract negotiation meetings and price finalisation.
Further training opportunities exist as they relate to the function.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
Please see full details of our Privacy Notice in relation to how we handle your personal data.
Closing date: 4 June 2020
You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for this vacancy as it may close earlier than the specified date should excessive applications be received.
No recruitment agencies please.