The Armstrong Works is unrivalled, specifically designed to be an efficient fabrication, welding, machining, assembly, integration and test facility. It was designed specifically for the manufacture of Armoured Fighting Vehicles, both wheeled and tracked. It has considerable experience of Armoured Vehicle re-manufacture and build standard refresh.
The method of production/assembly can be adapted to the size, type and complexity of the vehicle or equipment. Production line style assembly lines or static point assembly are utilised as appropriate. Because of Pearson Engineering’s skilled workforce, production ramp up times are usually short.
The site has 33,000 m2 of under-roof manufacturing space, with overhead craneage up to 50 tonnes in capacity. The site includes a co-located office to allow for efficient design and manufacturing.
Around 15,000 m2 of reconfigurable assembly, integration and test space is available. Externally, the site has a large multi-purpose test area which can be used for special to role equipment testing or small shakedown trials.
In addition, Pearson Engineering has a U.S. based storage and transportation facility in Atlanta, Georgia. Click here to read more about Pearson Inc. >
- 2x TRumpf lasers
- 2x Bystronic waterjet cutting
- Thin and thick plate, multiple-material types
- Large object (up to main battle tank hull) weld manipulation
- Steel, aluminium and special metals fabrication
- BS3834 weld controls
- Controlled environment for special metals welding
- Asquith Butler machining centres (9m and 5m Starcut, LE50 and LE5000)
- 5 Axis Mazak Integrex e420 wit ha 3 meter bed
- 2 Mazak Integrex J400; a Mazak VTC 800/30 SR 5 axis vertical machining centre also with a 3 metre bed
- 1 Mazak 550M heavy duty long bed (3.3m) lathe
- 1 Mazak HCN n8800-2 high accuracy horizontal machining centre capable of tolerances to within ±7 microns on position and repeatability and ±2 microns on interpolation
- 3 new HAAS VF3SS machining centres have also recently been introduced. Also available are EDM installations, plus the latest CMM inspection equipment.
- Tool room
- Prototyping capability
- Forming and pressing tools up to 250 tonnes
- Sheet metal
- Steel shot blast
- Aluminium grit blast
- Spray painting
- Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical Assembly
- Integration & Test
- Secret / confidential workshop